New electric vehicle charging stations at USFSP | Environment
Saint Petersburg, Florida -- The University of South Florida Saint Petersburg campus announces the March 27 installation of two electric vehicle charging stations as a part of the university’s continuing efforts to go green.
The stations are located in Parking Lot 2, on the eastern side of the campus across from Albert Witted Airport, and are available 24 hours a day.
The project was funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy awarded to USFSP by Progress Energy
They will be free to the public for the first year of operation, after which the university will evaluate the usage and costs of the charging stations to determine if any fees will be required thereafter.
Upcoming Events near Pinellas Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dancing and live entertainment at Largo's Holiday Showcase Event
- ONLY ON 10: Man goes to Philippines to find in-laws
- Florida Botanical Gardens holiday light display opens
- World's premier Chinese acrobatic company coming to Largo Cultural Center
- Largo rape suspect still at large after attacking 60-year-old